Whether you are a beginner or have been practicing for years private yoga instruction can bring new dimensions to your practice. Expand your knowledge and mind-body wisdom through one-on-one practice that will refine your alignment, shift your thinking, and develop a greater sense of well-being.
Private yoga is a one-on-one class in the privacy of your own home.
Who does Private Yoga? People who have limited mobility, limited time, an injury, an illness, or want to focus on a specific aspect of yoga that you don’t get a group class. Private classes are a safe way to overcome fears, anxiety or lack of confidence.
Why Private Yoga?
- Unlimited postural correction and asana adjustment throughout the entire class
- Addressing of individual and specific yoga needs
- Quicker improvement and progress than regular class
- Flexible timing to suit your personal schedule
- Learn at your own pace.
- Take your practice to another level.
- Experience the greatest benefits from yoga poses.
- Strengthen, improve posture, increase flexibility, build core strength, develop body awareness, and feel the true power of yoga.
- Use yoga to cross train and reduce injuries.
- Develop your own meditation practice with guidance of an experienced teacher
- Reduce pain, anxiety and stress. Sleep better and feel better.
- Learn the foundations to be more prepared going to a group class.
Private and small group instruction is ideal if you:
- Prefer to practice in the comfort of your own space
- Appreciate individual attention, guidance, and hands-on assistance
- Are unable to attend regularly scheduled classes
- Have specific health and fitness needs or goals to address
- Are new to yoga and are not sure how to get started
- Would like to deepen or broaden your yoga practice
All yoga classes are individualized for:
- different levels of mobility and flexibility
- age group (kids, teens, adults, seniors)
- level of experience and fitness
- health and wellness goals
Consultation: An initial consultation will help me to develop a personalised program that best suits you. This should only take 10-15 minutes and can be done before we start your first class at no additional charge.
I will help set attainable goals, whether they be physical, mental, or spiritual or a combination of all three. I can help you determine whether you might like the help of other wellness professionals such as acupuncture, chiropractic, massage or nutritional information and provide appropriate referrals.
Private instruction will be designed specifically for your body and will reflect where your body is in the present moment. These intimate sessions may be treated therapeutically, with attention to your specific requests, or as an opportunity to deepen your knowledge, understanding and connection to your body and practice.
Private classes run from 60 – 90 minutes long and can take place in your home (within the GTA).
- Please contact me for details.